Saturday, January 9, 2021

Workbench Scenes: PCC maintenance

The PCC fleet has been neglected for some time and I'm in the mood to get it back in operation.

There are 4 Bowser PCCs and 1 Con-Cor. They all need a bit of lubrication and some wheel cleaning. Of the Bowsers, one has never been run and is waiting for me to install its DCC decoder, which has been sitting on a shelf unopened for a few years! Another has either a broken or malformed trolley pole: the loop for the trolley rope is broken and needs to be repaired before a rope can be added. And speaking of trolley pole ropes, so far I've only added one to one of the Bowsers; the rest still need them installed so they'll look right on the layout. And speaking of looking right, I want to add ad cards to the outside of these things as to my eye they don't look right without them. Throw in a bit of running on the test track and it looks like the car barn will be busy for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment