Friday, January 1, 2021

Some mining cars?

While I was looking through my tree photos I stumbled across these unusual railway cars. I suspect they are some sort of mining cars, but I can't say for sure. I think I took this photo in Wawa in 2008 when we were on a trip to Thunder Bay to visit my cousin.

On that trip I wanted to stay at the motel where Glenn Gould used to stay. That wasn't possible, but we did stay at a good place, which we were told recently might have been washed away in a flood a few years back. Anyway, here's Glenn Gould in Wawa. 

2 comments:

  1. I have seen ones like these (somewhere?), the 'bucket' is driven into the 'spoil', then the bucket goes over the top and empties into the car behind.
    I guess it is for when there is no space at the side to swing around.
    They are chained together here, but I assume that once it is filled then another empty would be moved into position.
    I doubt that the nice clean paint job would last long, a job for the weathering kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the owners of the motel had to paint it so the customers wouldn't be scared off. I looked to see if I had any more photos of it, but that one is all I have.

      Delete