Friday, January 1, 2021

End wall sign for Steinberg's

It looks like the prototype had just 2 signs: one on the front glass wall facing the main parking lot, and one on the side wall facing the auxiliary parking. I don't recall the other sidewall having a sign because that wall was connected to the plaza. However, since my model is free-standing, it should have signs on both sidewalls. Now that I've figured out how to do one, the second shouldn't be too difficult.

I downloaded an image from the internet that looked fairly close to the partial picture I have of the end wall sign. The image was then sized, printed out, and glued to a piece of Bristol board. Each letter was then cut out and glued to some thin styrene support pieces. The letters are a little rough, but aren't too bad and I'm happy with the overall impression.  

Although there've been some tedious sub-assemblies to this project, as each has finished I've gotten a good vibe off the model as it has developed. 


3 comments: