Sunday, January 24, 2021

PCC fleet emerges from the car barn

I spent a lot of time last week testing the PCC streetcars. Usually prior to Christmas I get them all out in preparation for our annual party, which includes hauling the layout modules up from the basement and running them in the living room. No such thing last Christmas. But, I got the urge to run trains last week so I pulled the streetcars out. Prior to check out I installed trolley pole ropes on them all so they'd look like they were running properly under the wires on Ocean Boulevard. In one streetcar I finally installed a TCS DCC decoder that had been on my shelf for 4 years (!) waiting for this day - luckily, the streetcar and its decoder ran flawlessly. Lubrications were done, wheels were cleaned, loops were run, and in the process I reacquainted myself with the various DCC functions on each. They still need exterior ad cards and a little mild weathering, but at least they're ready to run on the layout and look pretty for scene photos.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Although the lion's share of the credit must go to Bowser who manufactured them.

      Delete