Friday, January 29, 2021

Reviving an early project

It's hard for me to believe, but I did this little quasi-kitbash close to 12 years ago. The post documenting the completion of this project was the 13th one I published at this blog. Here I am 1,500+ posts later doing a little bit of clean up and revision on it. How time flies!

It has been sitting on a shelf for a few years gathering dust. I haven't made use of it recently as back then I had attached a permanent base that included a parking lot and chunk of sidewalk. That configuration didn't work on my new layouts. So, I decided to remove the 'permanent' base, salvage the figures and accessories, and fix up the building so it didn't need the base. That wasn't hard and only required a styrene 'concrete' slab be added under the front doors, and some ground-level sidewall repair to fill slots where the kit's base attached. After that work, and some serious dusting, it's ready to once again be part of a layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment