Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Test track loop

 I'm planning on assembling all the layout modules and preparing all the streetcars for running. I thought it would be useful to put together a loop of track where I could test and run cars independently of the layout and its potential issues. So, I went through my shelves and materials to see what I could make from what I've got on hand. Ideally I wanted a loop with a 22" radius, but I didn't have enough track, or styrofoam for a base. I did have enough for an 18" radius loop, so that's what I built (I plan to add an inner loop of N gauge track in the future). The top is styrofoam glued on a base of expanded poly-styrene. The track is standard Atlas snap-track. White glue was used to hold the foam pieces together, as well as the track to the foam. Works ok, so it's on to assembling the layout modules and getting out the streetcars.

No comments:

Post a Comment