Thursday, May 21, 2026

Use of tickets saves you time and money

I was rummaging through some of my father's things looking for his copy of Bleak House and stumbled across these two old bus tickets.

Hollinger Bus Lines ran in East York from 1921 until 1954 when it became part of the TTC, so that ticket is definitely a survivor.

I don't know when one could ride a TTC bus for just 7-1/2 cents. The internet suggests sometime in the 1930s or 1940s, but I'd have to do some more digging to narrow down the date.

2 comments:

  1. I like the exchange name and the signatures. And the price.

    I hope you find that Bleak House, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think TTC tickets could be bought in 2 zone pairs at the time. So, a person would buy a pair of tickets for 15 cents. I guess my father wasn't travelling far enough one day to use the ticket for the second zone, and it got lost only to reappear a quarter of the way through the next century!

      Delete