I started this pleasant little project over the Christmas holidays last year. I paused awhile until I could spray paint outside in good weather. Well, a day of good weather showed up last week so I spent a little time spraying the shell.
The paint is Krylon metallic silver paint + primer. It went on quite well. I thought I'd have to go through a few rounds of painting, filling, and sanding, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Although the body work isn't award winning, it looked ok when painted, and I didn't think I could make it any better.
After a few days curing I blackened the exhaust vents, applied decals, and added airhorns and Kadee couplers, although given it sits on a streetcar chassis I don't think it could pull anything other than a single, light car, if that.
Here's a 5-second video of the RDC-M as it passes through the Way Out Layout yard on a victory lap:

No comments:
Post a Comment