![]() |
| Getting ready to test the curve. |
I'm going to need a few small radius, quarter-circle curves on this layout to both complete the loop around the landing pad area, and go down into the excavated pit where the monolith will be located.
I need to make these bends as tight as possible, and it looked like a 3" (~76mm) radius was about the tightest turn I could get away with. So I got the track bending tools out again, and followed the procedure I used on the big loop around the landing pad to make this little turn.
![]() |
| Bent rail awaiting the installation of ties. |
This curve wasn't quite as difficult as the first; maybe because I had some practice, and there wasn't as much rail to wrestle with.
Once the bend was made I had to test it. I wasn't sure if the lunar loco's wheels would bind going around the curve.
I was happy to see it handled the curve just fine. Now I need about 5 more - curves that is!


i don't think it will be the radius, but rather the sudden change in direction, which will manifest in exaltation.
ReplyDeleteGood thing a robot drives this thing. But seriously, I'm going to have to take care with couplers because I don't want them causing derailments.
Delete