![]() |
| Track risers are mainly cut from 1" thick pink foam sheets |
I've continued to work on installing the track risers that lead from the launch pad area down into the monolith pit. They're all in now except for some supports I need to add to the corner pieces to bank the track a little.
![]() |
| Shot during a mid-construction break |
My reporting on how this square spiral is constructed has been a little skimpy as forming the pieces requires a little bit of junior high level geometry, and whenever I write about the math aspects of layout construction I see a lot of sad faces :-) I find that concerning; however, I figured I'd just present some in-progress photos so at least I have a record for myself on how the layout looked before scenery. And I suspect anyone who is serious about building something similar can figure out the geometry for themselves, and no doubt make improvements, from pictures of the components.
Laying track and joining the two little layouts into one big one are next. Stay tuned!


I like what you are doing here. I am feeling inspired.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words! I'm very glad to hear that.
Delete