Saturday, May 23, 2026

Only in Ontario you say? Pity


Gosh darn those cursed beavers!

Looks like it could make for an interesting addition to an Ontario yard on a model railway: tracks, helicopter, and nearby beaver dam. 

Who ya gonna call? Beaver Busters? Dam Busters? Wait, that one's been done.


Well, it's gosh darn early to be writing on a Saturday morning. I could use a coffee, and maybe a couple of biscuits!

8 comments:

  1. A review from “Empire”? And “Still hits the target”? I had to check IMDb to make sure that trailer was for real. Now I want to see that movie.

    There’s an episode of Lassie in which Lassie saves a beaver colony from a farmer who wants to blast them out with dynamite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMZEXP40gXA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the movie, well, decades ago, and if it has been remastered I'd like to see it again. Regarding beavers, we've had our differences over the years. The little %$#^&s have a habit of gnawing halfway or more through a perfectly good tree, then giving up for some reason known only to them, and leaving the poor tree to die a horrible death, meaning I have to put it out of its misery and cut it down. Sometimes I have sympathy for them, and other times not :-)

      Delete
    2. i cried in Ol' Yeller. my father yellered at me for coming home before the end of the movie. i think i was about 6.

      Delete
  2. South of the border, I guess they would use an A10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beavers look quite placid, but are quite formidable :-)

      Delete
  3. jus' spreadin' the 30Squares love: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/what-do-you-listen-to-in-your-garage.240884/page-83#post-15894128

    ReplyDelete