Thursday, June 18, 2020

Marmora Station: Yesterday & Today

I've been doing some work to organize my old photos and get them properly identified. 

This is a photo of the train station in Marmora, Ontario that I took back in the early '70s. For some reason I thought this station might have been located in Hastings, but I was wrong. I've updated the posts and tags appropriately.









It turns out the old station has been moved to a community park and sports area in Marmora, and has been refurbished and preserved. I took these photos on another trip out west. I swung by the site in Marmora where Mr. Google told me the station was now located.



Although, the ratty, ad hoc garage that was there in the '70s has been removed.












The current station even has a plaque, which informs us that the Station was named for a man murdered near its original site. And they say Canada is dull....

No comments:

Post a Comment