Monday, June 15, 2020

Tool & car shed in Havelock?

My old photos are in need of serious organization. I found this one stuffed in the corner of an album where it had no logical place being. I think this shed was located in the Havelock yard, but there's a slim chance it could have been located down the road in Hastings. Those were the only towns I indulged in nerdy train watching in those days.

I likely shot this in '72 or '73 - maybe '74, these pictures aren't date stamped, arrgh - as I didn't have my little 110 camera then, and was still using an old Brownie that shot 120 rolls of film. I don't know if you could buy those rolls in colour, but black-and-white was all I used.

[16 June 2020 Update: After reviewing several old photos I think this structure was actually located near the Marmora station. I'm in the process of that long overdue photo reorg and I hope to fix identification problems I've made with some of my old pictures.]

[18 June 2020 Update: Yes, this building was located in Marmora, Ontario.]

2 comments:

  1. You know, Clever Models makes a nice modeling paper that resembles Insulbrick siding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've been mulling over the possibility of building a model of the Havelock yard and having some of the old buildings there would be great. I've got a box of old track - a lot of brass from the '70s - that could be used. It wouldn't have to run, just be a kind of nostalgic display for staging scenes and photos.

      Delete