Friday, June 19, 2020

Hastings Station: 28.8.74

I keep going on about how I mis-identified the Marmora station as the Hastings station. So, I guess the next question is: do you have any pictures of the Hastings station? Yes I do!

But, unfortunately, only pictures of sections of the station, and not any complete overviews or facades. As far as the front elevation goes, that partial photo is all I have.

Unlike other photos I have, these are stamped on the back with a date, which in this case is 28.8.74. Back then I would process a roll of film as soon as I could after it was shot. So, these photos were likely taken sometime in August 1974.

As for the back wall, I at least have two photos that could be stitched together to make a complete back wall view. 

This end is some sort of freight section. I don't know what that little building is on the left.








And this is the other end of the back wall. That's my father's Chevrolet Biscayne parked in the middle.













At least I've got uncropped views of the end elevations. If the car was removed from the scene, one might think the photo was from an era much earlier than the '70s.











That's my sister providing scale. And it looks like my parents are getting back into the car, no doubt with my father suggesting that if we don't hurry up and get in he'll leave without us :-)

Unlike the stations at Havelock and Marmora, I don't think this one still exists, but I'll look into it. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. What is the cute little structure with the cupola in the second shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. It's unlikely to be an outhouse. There doesn't seem to be many photos of this station online to provide further information. I need to investigate.

      Delete