Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Making a start on signs

I haven't been doing much model building over the last couple of weeks, but I have squeezed in a little time to make a start on signs for the buildings in the Canadian Press complex. The Quebec bank building on the left does have a hamburger place on the ground floor called Big Smoke Burger, which we've had great burgers at, so I copied the canopy sign from the prototype. It's just a paper and construction paper assembly. For the bank on the right, I painted up some plastic letters and glued them to the facade with Weld Bond. I think the prototype building was a Toronto-Dominion bank, but since the TD tower is down the street, I didn't want to have too many of the same company. Anyway, for some unknown reason, this little facade said bank of Nova Scotia to me, so that's what I went with.

No comments:

Post a Comment