Saturday, June 13, 2020

Hopping in the time machine to Havelock yard

After seeing those hoppers in Havelock yesterday I started to wonder if I had seen any when I visited that yard back in the '70s. The answer is yes, I did find two photos.

I can't narrow down the exact date I took these pictures. All I can say is that we periodically dropped by for a few minutes at a time in the summers from '73 to '75.

These pictures were probably taken with my 110 pocket camera, and they're printed on a textured paper that was common at the time. So, they're quite low resolution compared to what we're used to these days.


I did a little bit of fading correction, and tried to lighten up some of the deeper shadows. The originals now have a quite strong yellowish tinge to them.

I have a few other photos of the Havelock yard from that time, and I should set aside some time to scan them.

No comments:

Post a Comment