Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A side order of Machine Shops

If you've been following along with the Machine Shop boxing saga you know there were many variations. 

I find this view of Martin's collection of several of those boxings quite interesting. Over on the left are the original AHM and Pola boxings. On the far right is the last boxing, the one from Walthers. I'm not quite sure just yet what the order should be for the other boxings, but it's interesting that the kit box went from a lively little offering with a colourful painting on the lid to a much larger box in a bland, utilitarian style (the Walthers site says it's now out of stock and discontinued). In his Machine Shop journey Martin has found a number of other kits that bear some resemblance to the Machine Shop - although they don't appear to be derived from it - and I hope to post some pictures of them in the days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the saga very much. I though I was crazy for loving kits and boxes... I recently found your blog, and am enjoying the reads and will go backwards too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete