Friday, June 26, 2020

All the news that's fit to mold

While we've been on this Machine Shop journey, there've been some related sightings along the way.

Martin found this Globe News kit from Model Power. It seems to bear a passing resemblance to the Machine Shop










But, as you can see when you lay the walls out for comparison, Globe News is much larger than the Machine Shop.

Like the Machine Shop, Globe News has seen several boxings, and the one in the comparison photo is one of the many - I know it isn't the Model Power, and I need to note which one it is. However, for size comparison purposes, all Globe News kits are the same.




It was seeing the roof in the Globe News' box top photo that made me think of the Machine Shop, but without a size reference, I wouldn't have known that the Globe News' roof was much larger - the box top photo played on my desire to want to believe that the Machine Shop was the Globe News' mold ancestor. Scales and rulers can help straighten out the mind games of photos :-)

Jilted ancestry aside, I rather like the Globe News kit. Without the rather elaborate roof top decorations, it could pass on my layout. I might go so far as replacing the roof with a flat one. Actually, this might make for an interesting N-scale streetcar car barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment