Monday, October 18, 2021

More (Moore?) diorama bases

I swung by the building supply and bought some more 1" pink foam board for building more E. L. Moore diorama bases. They're nothing to look at now, but I find it's important to have a few around as I like to try different arrangements. It helps me to use actual bases instead of just trying different layouts on a sheet of paper. 

Over on the left is Spratt & Kean Meat Packers. Given what it is, it'll likely have it's own base - don't want to disturb the neighbours with the smell :-) The diorama on the right has Hoople & Sons Warehouse and the Village Grist Mill. I'm thinking the rightmost diorama will have the track along the back edge as the action in E. L. Moore's model happens near the wagon loading dock, but we'll see what future iterations hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment