Sunday, October 10, 2021

Another variation on Atlas’ elevated gate tower

Images snipped and assembled from here

The last few weeks I’ve been scanning the internet for photos of highly scenicked slot car layouts. I was interested in seeing how the other half lived :-) It was on one such expedition that I ‘discovered’ that photo of Pretty Village models on John Swartzell’s model railroad. 


As well as being primed to see E. L. Moore buildings and Pretty Village models, I’m now apparently primed to see Atlas elevated gate towers. While on another slotted voyage of discovery yesterday I spotted this slightly modified Atlas elevated gate tower being used as a race observation station on the corner of this slot car layout. In this version everything above the building’s belt line has been cut off to produce an open-air observation stand. It looks like a few of these were used around the layout.

2 comments: