Sunday, October 24, 2021

Roughing in the shoreline

The plan is to rough in the levels just below and above the track roadbed so that the nearby messy scenery work is more-or-less done before the track is installed. Today I roughed in the level below the track. All those edge pieces are held in place with transfer tape so that I didn't have to wait for glue to dry. 

That white paper sheet is the track plan - if a loop can be called a plan :-) The dashed line is the perimeter of the next level up. I need another piece of foam board for that one. 

Once the upper level is in place I plan to fill the gaps and do a little sculpting with Celluclay to pull both levels together. 

You might be asking, why's it called the Loonar Module? Last post I mentioned this layout was inspired by Falcon Rock, so I got to thinking about birds. The iconic bird of southern Ontario is the Common Loon. This is a module of sorts, so Loonar Module. I'll leave you with the equally iconic Hinterland Who's Who:

2 comments:

  1. Nice start and I am very interested to see it through completion. I recently have had some thoughts of building a small layout for HOn30 locomotive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully I can get enough done in the next few weeks that it will be sort of presentable by Christmas.

      Delete