Sunday, September 6, 2020

Weekly Herald: Black Holes & Godzilla

I got out the black paint and a brush, then went ahead and carefully painted the interior. I try to use the paint sparingly so not to have any leak out onto the white outer surface. I also drilled some holes in the floor in case I need to insert lights from the layout for future scene photos.


It turns out there are some gaps that need filling where the front facade joins the main structure. That's a particularly bad one in the picture over on the right.


I've got a few tubes of putty on the shelf, and for some reason I'd forgotten about the Deluxe Materials Perfect Plastic Putty that I had bought last year for the Polar Lights Godzilla build. Godzilla got shelved 'for a while', where 'for a while' has turned out to be almost a year now :-( I think the shelving happened because there was so much filling, sanding, and fitting on the horizon with that project that I wasn't in the mood for it all. Anyway the PPP is still workable, so it has been called into service to fill in some of the gaps on the Weekly Herald.

Maybe I need to continue surgery on the big green guy now that the putty is flowing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment