Monday, September 14, 2020

Recently Updated: More Gil Mellé cartoons from 1961

I didn't trust myself and went back through the 1961 issues of Railroad Model Craftsman and found 7 more Gil Mellé cartoons, as well as 2 Right o' Way Models columns that I had overlooked. The bibliography has been updated. So, there were 15 Gil Mellé cartoons published in '61. I also found 3 other unsigned cartoons that appear to have his style, so maybe the actual total is greater than 15. I think I've found all the '61 cartoons, and feel more confident in looking through the other nearby years for more.

[18 September 2020: It looks like '61 and '62 were the high point for cartoons by Gil Mellé. '63 has none. I'm about to review '64 and '65, but it's looking like cartoonist Bill Baron replaced Gil Mellé sometime in '63.]

No comments:

Post a Comment