Thursday, January 3, 2019

From the Time Machine's Glovebox: Post #2

With this year being 30 Squares’ 10th anniversary, I thought that once each week throughout 2019 I’d try posting something from the previous decade.

The second post here at 30 Squares – from 17 March 2009 - sort of set the direction for everything to come: How I built E.L. Moore's "Bunn's Feed & Seed Plant". It turned out that E. L. Moore’s original model of Bunn’s Feed & Seed still existed. I got to see it in September 2015, and I posted some photos of it the same month. Earlier, in March 2015, the original manuscript and cover letter that Mr. Moore used to sell the article to Model Railroader was found. I learned that the article contained a classic E. L. Moore background story that was cut from the published version.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to find the time to compile all the photos and simulated articles into a book. It ought to be good, though!

    ReplyDelete