Wednesday, January 16, 2019

From the Time Machine's Glovebox: Mr. Buschel’s

After building a couple of E. L. Moore's projects I figured I'd try building something of my own design in E. L. Moore's signature style. I started the project, Mr. Buschel's Barrel and Marble Works, in September 2010, and finished it in March 2011. I even went so far as trying my hand at an E. L. Moore style story! But I did commit a sacrilege: I barely used any balsa. Styrene sheets, pre-cast plastic windows and doors, and real metal siding were the materials. I know, I know, how could I? If you really want to know, you can read the whole series for yourself at this tag.

2 comments:

  1. This one didn't grab me until you finally printed the photo in b/w! Now I see it as an ELM project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's odd how our minds are conditioned to see things. If I see a project staged in b&w like a '70s ELM article in MR, I also think 'hey, this must be an ELM.' I'd like see new articles, on new building projects, set up and published in that retro mold.

      Delete