Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Among the Cumbres and Toltec locomotives

I was very surprised to find this envelope of Cumbres and Toltec locomotive photos from the September 1996 trip - I had completely forgotten about them! I think what happened was that after they were printed they were almost immediately boxed-up in preparation for moving house and then forgotten. Yeah, that box has sat in the house, unopened, for nearly 23 years! Until now.
Of the pair of locos shown above and below, it looks like No.488 is in front, and No. 489 is behind.





These beasts don't run without coal.
Flat cars are my favourite type of freight car. Come to think of it, I don't recall any on the EVRR - I need to check on that.
I could have used one of those bad boys on my driveway today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment