Friday, January 25, 2019

E. L. Moore's Cotton Waste Plant - Take 2

I received a message from a reader mentioning that the Cotton Waste Plant was his favourite E. L. Moore project, and that he was currently building one. I was lucky to have seen Mr. Moore’s original back in 2015, but looking at those photos again, they look a little dark in the shadows and could use some brightening to reflect what I actually experienced. I’ve learned a bit about image processing since 2015, so I thought I’d go back to those photos and tweak them some so that the colours are clearer and the details in the shadows aren’t lost. So, here are some enhanced Cotton Waste Plant photos.
Look at all that stuff on the roof! There’s a lot going on.






3 comments:

  1. Love his inventiveness. I think the real attraction of his work is that its a bit folksy, yet convincing at the same time. I never tire of his work, this model is certainly no exception. Thanks for another great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For me, one thing that makes it pop is his use of colour.

      Delete