Saturday, January 5, 2019

Cumbres and Toltec highway crossing

I was rummaging through some boxes and discovered a set of photos I shot back in September 1996 in Colorado (maybe it was New Mexico?) of a meet-up with a Cumbres and Toltec train. Believe it or not it was completely by coincidence.
Back then my train interests were quite dormant and I was generally blase about trains and such things, but I guess you can take the boy outta the trains, but you can't take the trains outta the man, so I grabbed my old SLR when we were lucky enough to get stopped by this thing.







I see some photos of buildings in the envelope with these ones. I'll scan those next. Stay tuned!

[6 Jan '19 update: I found 2 more photos of passenger cars crossing the highway loose in the bottom of a box so I added them to the sequence.]

1 comment: