Thursday, December 9, 2021

Three diorama panels

 

I've been doing some work on the E. L. Moore dioramas. Mainly getting the five blank bases painted with a white acrylic primer coat and gluing the styrene trim pieces to the backs and sides. However, I did go ahead and add the front trim piece to the backwoods shortline yard industries diorama. It's a length of 1/16" sheet balsa painted with some thinned Tamiya green that I thought was close to one of the shades of Moore Green. Speaking of green, this one is ready for some greenery and figures.

The second and third dioramas are just in the initial placement stages, although as I mentioned above, the bases are now primed and ready for scenery. I'm tempted to add a built-up AHM Ma's Place kit to this one just across the street from the original Ma's Place. 

I'm not quite sure if I've got those two large buildings on the third diorama with the correct sides facing the track. I need to check on that. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd keep them all pure ELM, no plastic, even if it is from his plans. Good luck on determining the trackside-side of those others; it should be simple, but upon inspection, maybe it's not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the articles will help me figure which side goes where. I realize these combinations didn't appear together in the articles, but hopefully these thematic groupings can help tell his story.

      Delete