Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Hitch your wagon

Michael tipped me off to some interesting model train work in Alfred Hitchcock's 1937 movie, Young and Innocent. It turns out I have a copy in a DVD box set of Hitchcock's films from the 1920s and 1930s I bought at Movies 'n' Stuff for $5 in the summer.

I guess I didn't need to watch the whole movie as some enterprising person sliced out the main model shots for a youtube video, but I'm glad I did. It's a good movie, and I should note that the somewhat washed-out print I watched made the model scenes blend in better. They still jump out as being modelled, but everything appears better integrated. Maybe it's because I was so engrossed in the story by the time these scenes appeared, it all came across as rather seamless.

Seeing those scenes reminded me of the opening model shot in Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes from 1938. 

No comments:

Post a Comment