Friday, December 3, 2021

ST 2

Today we took a drive out to Smiths Falls, and stopped in Merrickville on the way home. There's a model train store in Merrickville I haven't visited in nearly 2.5 years, what with the pandemic and all, so I popped in for a quick look around. 

There were a lot of assembled HO scale buildings for sale, likely from a few estates. I saw 7 (!) fully assembled E. L. Moore Machine Shops, which must be some sort of record for the most completed examples of that kit in one place. Well, in amongst those relics I saw ST 2 and couldn't resist buying it. It's clearly European, but whether it's a kit or kit-bash, I can't say as there're no identifying markings. But, it's cleanly assembled, not a glue-bomb, even though the paint job is a bit rough. So, it'll be restored, or at least spruced up. At any rate, that office furniture in the skywalk greenhouse is worth more than I paid for this intriguing structure, so no loss whatever happens.

2 comments: