Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Painting with Cap

Found in Action Comics #335 (Mar '66)  & Detective Comics #349 (Mar '66)
Vince is a fount of knowledge; no question about that. He asked me if I remembered the series Cap's Hobby Hints that ran in DC comics in the '60s and sent me a link to some examples. Much to my shame I hadn't see this before, but my shame was short lived :-) The wonders of the internet let me fill in those nasty gaps in my education. 






Found in Adventure Comics #342 (Mar '66)  & Metamorpho #5 (Mar - Apr '66)

Anyway, I latched onto these two as they show how to use a wire coat hanger as a paint stand that we were talking about a few days ago. That technique probably wasn't something unique to Revell, it just seemed so when pre-teen me stumbled across it back in the '70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment