Monday, May 27, 2019

Brick paper installed at the Museum

It turned out that gluing the brick paper to the inside surfaces of the museum's walls wasn't as tough a job as I thought it would be.

I'd say for inside surfaces that will likely only be glanced at through the windows, or when the roof is off, they don't look too bad, but I don't think I'd use this material for exterior surfaces.


Bill suggested I use a roller for spreading the glue, so I went out and bought one so I could give it try.

It did improve glue application, but I think I need more practice as I fumbled around a bit with it before I got the hang of things.





This is a snap taken midway through the action. It was a pleasant little activity. I only worked on it for 10 or 15 minutes at a time over several days.

If you decide to do something like this, my only tip is to make sure you are always using a new, sharp blade to keep your cuts clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment