Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Windows are too long!

I've been doing some test fitting of the window frames and clear 'glass' inserts. Much to my surprise the main 'glass' pieces are too long for their openings, although the frames fit just fine. I suspect these windows were made for another kit, and were assumed to fit this one too.

It's no big deal, just a little annoying. I'll cut that bottom portion off each and they should then fit quite well. I'll also probably need to add a thin styrene panel in the bottom section of each window to make the interior look clean and logically constructed. 

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the journey as you make progress on what promises to be a unique and interesting structure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I don't have time for much these days, but I'm finding this an interesting project. A big challenge will be figuring out how to paint those window mullions.

      Delete