Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Mountain o' Warts

Foam warts cover the mountain after spraying the gaps with Great Stuff

I took the layout outside to fill all the gaps in the mountain with Great Stuff spray foam. I wanted to use it to make the mountain as rigid as possible before applying rock castings, and to begin the process of creating rock-like surfaces.


The first step was the cover all the track with masking tape. It's extremely difficult to get solidified Great Stuff off track, especially switches which can be destroyed, so all the track has to be covered.


Believe it or not I was quite sparing as I squirted foam into the gaps and did a little filling. Even the low expansion type I used expanded quite a bit. I haven't used Great Stuff in a long time and I'm out of practice. 

In the next exciting instalment I discover my brand new, never used before, hot wire foam cutter refuses to work forcing the deployment of knives and saws to trim and shape the warty foam. All that and more next time on Adventures on Foam Mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment