Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A Belgian-French E. L. Moore Machine Shop

On the left is the classic E. L. Moore designed Machine Shop kit reboxing by Pola.

It never ceases to amaze me where E. L. Moore influences show up. I stumbled across that photograph in issue #729, April 2008, of the French model railroading magazine Loco Revue in an article about modelling brickwork called Une brique dans le ventre (JDL: My rough translation: A brick in the stomach (?)) by Jacques Le Plat.

The caption translates to something like:

"The representation of plaster can transform the appearance of a common model, such as this Pola 814 workshop, full of charm despite its approximate masonry (transformation described in Good Kisses by Ferbach). The company name temporarily illustrated here was taken from the Yellow Pages directory."

Pola 814 is the Pola reboxing of the Machine Shop kit (a picture of which can be found here). I have no idea what "Good Kisses by Ferbach" refers too although I'll try and figure it out, and maybe revisit my 'translation' :-)

It seems E. L. Moore influences live on throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment