Monday, April 13, 2020

Second round of road painting


As the title implies, I continue to work on painting Ocean Boulevard and its side streets. It's turning out to be a surprisingly interesting job. And a big one too! 

I think I've got the colour of the streetcar apron about right. I find that Model Master Camouflage Grey layered with Testors Aged Concrete is giving me a good approximation to the colour in my reference photos. But, I must note that the colour does vary from one location to the next along the TTC, as well as with the time of year.

As for the road, some sections will be closer to black to simulate recent paving, and others, like the section down near the ocean, will be greyer and more distressed. I'm continuing to refine the colours - I spend a lot of time just standing back and looking at the road as I progress to think about how it's coming along and what to do next - but I might stop soon as I'm getting low on paint.

2 comments:

  1. Are the brown squares in the last shot cutouts for trees?

    Galen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in this picture I still need to adjust the brick colour and add some 'dirt' to the squares.

      Delete