Thursday, April 16, 2020

Standing on the right

Instead of standing up the centre section I decided to do something a little easier and stand up the building on the right. It was just a matter of cutting the remaining walls down to match the facade and gluing them all together.

Well, there was one other thing. I had to narrow the back wall a bit because I'm not using the left trim piece on the facade, so to make the front and back the same width, the back had to be slimmer.

One thing you can't see in the photo is the slanted cut I made on the wall that will attach to the centre section. It's a boo-boo that can be fixed to square things up, and luckily it won't be seen.

I'm not doing the prototype justice by generically referring to it as the-building-on-the-right. A little internet searching found that's it's called the Quebec Bank building. It was built in 1886. You can see from the photos and description at the link that the prototype is a fascinating building, and my little approximation doesn't begin to capture its magnificence.

No comments:

Post a Comment