Thursday, April 2, 2020

First round of sidewalk painting


I started painting the initial colour layers on the sidewalks. The first layer consisted of some tube artist acrylics - titanium white with a little neutral grey mixed in - to provide a base. Next was a layer of Model Master Camouflage Gray acrylic followed by thin washes of Tamiya Smoke and Model Master Earth Flat acrylic. All the while I had some reference photos of a few Toronto sidewalks on hand to try and keep me going in the right direction colour-wise. Yes, you can image the looks I got taking photos of sidewalks :-) Next I think I'll paint in the road's base colours since I find the raw, white plastic a little distracting at this stage. And as I work toward the final colour layers I'll need to work on the sidewalks and roads at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment