Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Verticals & horizontals installed

I finished gluing the remaining verticals and horizontal pieces to the Thomson facade. 

In the process I accidentally cut a column of horizontals too wide, and it left a glaring open gap. I had to replace an entire column of little black pieces, so I learned what it would take to individually install all those little black squares. 

But, once that repair was made, I could step back and see that the facade was shaping up ok. It was starting remind me of the real thing, which is the point of this.

I should note that unlike the horizontals and verticals on the test piece, after a few days a couple of vertical ends came unglued. However, over on the test piece, everything is still stuck on just fine. I carefully applied some thick super-glue under each loose end and then clamped the vertical to the blank. So far the offending verticals remain stuck down.

No comments:

Post a Comment