Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Highrise structure cleanup

After staring at the model for awhile, I figured it needed a bit of strengthening here-and-there, and a little touch-up before moving on with new tasks.

A number of the glued joints were reinforced. A ceiling for the top floor was added as well as a roof cut from 0.100" styrene. I thought that floor didn't need a ceiling, and a roof was all that was required, but after viewing the top floor from a few angles it was clear that it would look unfinished without its own ceiling.

Also, the outside corner verticals were added since the wall joints looked and felt ok. While I was at it, I touched up some paint on a few other verticals that had gotten abraded.

Work on the back wall and exterior detailing are next. The model is standing on the corner of my desk with the open side toward me. I'm hoping that by looking around inside long enough I'll develop some ideas about interior detailing.

2 comments:

  1. There are two UK modelers I watch regularly on YouTube - Everard Junction and Dean Park Station. Both have recently built urban structures with interior detailing, and each have included office space. Worth a look.

    ReplyDelete