Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Gil Mellé, Creative Crafts Cartoonist

MetaFitler recently ran a post about Leigh Martin's craft magazine index, and it reminded me that I had contacted her a long time ago with a question about whether E. L. Moore had any articles in Creative Crafts. In '67 Hal Carstens tried to cajole E. L. Moore into writing an article about wood-burning for the new magazine, but I couldn't find any manuscripts that indicated Mr. Moore submitted anything. Leigh graciously took the time to look through her collection and confirmed there didn't appear to be anything. 

After the MetaFilter prodding, I went back and looked through the updated Creative Crafts index, but still didn't find anything by E. L. Moore. Although, out of the corner of my eye, I did see two Gil Mellé entries! Apparently he had two cartoons published: one in the inaugural Fall 1967 issue, and another in Winter 1967. So, they're something to add to the Gil Mellé publication index

Leigh's doing a great job compiling those incredibly valuable indexes, and I wish her much success with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment