Monday, January 6, 2020

Highrise test article

I spent some time making a little test article to try out some possible construction methods for the high rises. To get started I tried making the main pieces of the Thomson building's facade as it was the simplest of the bunch.

The verticals are cut from mat board with my Logan mat cutter, and the horizontals are sliced from acid-free black construction paper with a ruler and knife. They're all stuck down with transfer tape on a scrap of clear acrylic sheet. 

Later the verticals were lightly painted with some aged concrete colour, but on the model they'll need to be painted before being put in place. Also, I think I'll need to use a black or smoked acrylic base instead of clear to get the right window colour.  

Speaking of clear, one thing that's crystal clear is that I need to be extra careful when using a scriber to mark the acrylic sheet as it was easy to slip and scratch the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment