Sunday, March 1, 2026

Dust never sleeps

The winter blahs have got a hold of me, so progress on projects has been slow to nonexistent. I did though do some cleaning on the Loonar Module. I used some damp tissues to dab dust off tree boughs, cleaned gunk off the track, mopped up dust from the water, repaired a ding in the fascia, repoured a little gloss medium 'water', and painted the previously unpainted custom stand I built for the layout.

When I stood back and had a look I realized I'm going to have to have a hard look at it either in sunlight or under my photo lights because the lighting in my workshop isn't good enough to assess the layout's colours and remaining dustiness. I'll have to think about how to proceed.


After the dusting came the running. I took the loco and a couple cars out for some loops. After a little oiling and wheel cleaning all ran well.

No comments:

Post a Comment