Over the weekend a friend got in touch and asked if I was going to the Ontario Narrow Gauge Show in May, and if so, would I consider bringing the Loonar Module? It's around a 500 km and 5 hour or so drive from here, so it's a long trip, but that aside, the Loonar Module is looking pretty dusty these days, especially the central tall pines and lake. I decided to take it down to the workshop to try and clean it up and revive it over the next few days to see if it can be made presentable. As well, I'm not sure how it will stand up to a long trip.
Ok, first things first, dust removal and 'sprucing' up, logistics later. Well, while I'm at work, I'll leave you with the Dusty you're likely thinking about, Dusty Springfield.

good video. one of my favorite songs.
ReplyDeleteThere must be something in the air I've been picking up because I've heard this song by Classics IV and the Atlanta Rhythm Section all within the last 24 hours or so.
Deletehttps://youtu.be/zi3tQGEDmPY?si=H7Qb5yDVw0ESPNRC the master
ReplyDelete'PERCY SLEDGE - Spooky' Agreed! I also like the arrangement on this one, in particular, the organ.
Deletehttps://youtu.be/NTCIEpQRda0?si=qhdKYduntnrWJVhO the queen
ReplyDelete'JOAN OSBORNE Spooky' An excellent version! Thanks!
Deleteyou might enjoy this: https://youtu.be/BL9fF4Jtovc?si=VPqLp986jIneTxmM
ReplyDelete'Documentary: Standing in the Shadows of Motown', yes that is an excellent one. I saw it many years ago. I need to watch it again. Thanks for reminding me!
DeleteWell, even if you don't make the show, I am sure it will be nice to get her cleaned up and running!
ReplyDeleteYes! Also, as this was the first micro I built, and my first attempt at trees I'm seeing areas I can improve a little since I have a little more experience under my belt. I'm going to have a go at fixing them up while cleaning. It's another step in the lifecycle of a micro I guess :-)
Delete