Saturday, March 7, 2026

Track for the Community Garden Railway

I spent a few pleasant hours, piecing time fragments together from a day's activities, bending and assembling the track for the community garden layout. I'm glad I learned how to use the rail bender last year as this made creating the track plan relatively quick and easy.

Checking the track against the template.

In the past I used Peco's N-gauge/N-scale track for the Loonar Module and the Mt. Lowe layouts. This time I've used their HOe irregular sleeper track (PECO-SL-400) and their HOe right-hand turnout (PECO-ST-405). The gauge and code are the same as their standard N-gauge/N-scale track, only the ties are now HO scale, so the track should look a bit more substantial on the layout.


Next up: soldering on some power feed wires, attaching the track to the base, and making the usual adjustments. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment