Monday, February 13, 2023

Measuring up for overhead wire support poles

I finished laying down the static grass along the perimeter where the poles for the overhead wire will go. I'm keen on making those poles so I thought I'd do some measuring to begin figuring out their dimensions.

The first thing was to line up the fleet on the track to estimate how high the wire needs to be above the road. It's looking like 65mm.

All three of those cars have been fitted with Kato N-scale drive units and are in varying states of operability. Over on the right is the Hong Kong tram, centre is the Jigger (pulled from the paint shop for this photo), and on the left is the my secret Siku Bombardier tram conversion (I'll do a full post on it sometime in the future; it sort of runs, but still needs a lot more work) I started last fall before going whole hog on the ELM book .

Well, I need to get back to inserting commas.

No comments:

Post a Comment