Thursday, February 16, 2023

Cover story in Feb '23 issue of The Interchange

I collected up the posts I made about my uncle's investigation into an explosion at a Calgary Flour Mill in 1944 and submitted it as a story for the Ottawa Valley Associated Railroaders' newsletter. They published it as the lead story in the February 2023 issue.

It was a good exercise as it gave me the opportunity to stitch together all the loose ends in those posts into a complete story. I also hope it will encourage people to write up any old stories they have before they're lost to time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the publication!

    “I also hope it will encourage people to write up any old stories they have before they're lost to time”: so important. I’m so glad that I pumped my mom for family lore (e.g., the weekly routine of what her family had for dinner when she was a girl, etc.) when she was able to remember those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found out about this story from old photo albums I inherited, some family history my father wrote down, and a reporter in Winnipeg who helped with fill in some important details.

      Delete