Wednesday, February 22, 2023

E. L. Moore in the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette

Paul let me know that there was an article called E. L. Moore and the Village Smithy by Charlie Getz in the Jan / Feb 2023 issue of the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette. I dropped by my local hobby shop and picked up a copy to see what it was about. 

"To my surprise, Wikipedia has published a lengthy biography of E. L. Moore including a complete chronological index of his published articles in RMC, Model Railroader (MR) and Model Trains magazines, and even his unpublished manuscripts." 

Long time readers here may recall that the information in Wikipedia was contributed from information posted here - see my license at the end of the Wikipedia article. A lot of that information was used in the Gazette article as Charlie Getz notes. I'm glad to see that the Wikipedia article has gotten some airplay and is helping to keep E. L. Moore's legacy alive. 

And speaking of ELM's legacy, the E. L. Moore eBook is in final production and my plan is to release it sometime in March. And Charlie Getz's article is great and he's done an excellent job on the village smithy kit. And for a little more information on the kit take a look here and here. And I need some more coffee :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment