Saturday, February 18, 2023

A TTC Surfin' School Bus?

Centre: Hot Wheels Surfin' School Bus. A long lost member of the TTC family?

Quite by accident I stumbled across the Hot Wheels Surfin' School Bus in what looked like a paint scheme highly reminiscent of the one used by the TTC in years gone by. I found one for sale on eBay for a reasonable price and immediately pushed the buy button. It came in an unopened blister pack, so purists might feel lightheaded as I note that I ripped it open and staged a family portrait. If I can figure out how to remove the factory stickers without damaging the paint, I'll replace them with some suitable TTC decals. It actually won't look too bad size and shape wise on the layout. It'll be some sort of hot rodded ride to the beach owned by an addled TTC fan.

Later. Tell the teacher we're surfin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment